NextPVR Forums

Full Version: No EPG (NextPVR & HDHomeRun)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just installed NextPVR in a Docker container on a Lubuntu 20.04 machine. It scanned the channels fine, and I can stream channels in the web browser, but the EPG is not being populated (I get "0 inserted, 0 updated" after each request to updated the EPG). I attach the NPVR log. The most recent request to update the EPG was made at 18:47 (on 28/10/22).

This is the command that I used to create the Docker container (the NextPVR host is 192.168.1.36):

Code:
sudo docker run -d \
    --name nextpvr \
    --volume /home/myuser/nextpvr:/config \
    --volume /media/WD4Tb/nextpvr:/recordings \
    --volume /home/myuser/:/buffer \
    --restart unless-stopped \
    --publish 8866:8866 \
    --publish 16891:16891/udp \
    --env HOST_IP=192.168.1.36 \
    nextpvr/nextpvr_amd64:stable
You need to attach the zip file you get from the browser, not the file itself. This should have been posted in one of the the Docker sub forums.

Martin
Log....
(2022-10-28, 06:00 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]You need to attach the zip file you get from the browser,  not the file itself.  This should have been posted in one of the the Docker sub forums.

Martin

Sorry - should I repost in in a Docker sub-forum?
In the future yes, but why not just run on Lubuntu? I checked the logs, and no data is coming back from the HDHR but that is because you are missing

--publish 8020-8030:8020-8030/udp

The instruction say for legacy but that is also needed for OTA EPG

Martin
(2022-10-28, 06:10 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]In the future yes, but why not just run on Lubuntu?  I checked the logs, and no data is coming back from the HDHR but that is because you are missing

--publish 8020-8030:8020-8030/udp

The instruction say for legacy but that is also needed for OTA EPG

Martin

That did the trick - many thanks!