NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NPVR Client Fails on OSMC Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,

I just had just accepted an update of OSMC on my RPi 3b+ yesterday, but the NextPVR Client now fails to load.

When I go into the settings on the RPi and try to enable the NextPVR PVR client 20.4.1, I get a popup window that says "NextPVR version not supported, Upgrade to '5.2.0' or higher!
Is this refering to the client or the backend?  I am running a V4 backend on my Win10 media server.
I tried clicking on the "versions" button in the setting screen for the client, but a dialog saying no new versions are found.

I did notice on first boot that a different looking Kodi splash screen loaded, (only did it on first boot) so maybe that's got something to do with it?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Regards
Damian
Server.

I you had posted on Kodi sub-forum here you might have seen this sticky https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?tid=64402 explaining that v4 is no longer supported in Nexus and above.

Martin
Thanks Martin as always , I thought it was something like that. Just caught me by surprise.

At least I have an UnRaid server running NextPVR V5 (actually V6 i think) which at some stage I will migrate all my Win10 clients to, so I will redirect this RPi client to that.

Your "YAUCLIENT" app is working well on my win10 machines. It doesn't hang up like NLite seems to, and is very responsive just like the V4 based NextPVR GUI is.
That client has opened up the upgrade path for me to migrate my Win10 clients from the V4 server.
Glad to help and thanks for the feedback.

Martin