NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Dvbv5-scan of Astra 28.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Well done you cracked it. A full 7 day EPG for all Freesat and Sky OpenTV channels now. For you it was like walking into a large strange dark room feeling around for the light switch not having access to Astra 28.2. I'll keep this running and monitor its progress. In the drop down box on the GUI just change the option to "Freesat/Sky OpenTV EPG" so others don't get confused. Once again thanks and well done. It's now producing similar if not better results than TVHeadend. For completeness I just included the latest set of logs
Great!

One thing worth pointing out was that it is prioritizing Freesat listings over OpenTV listings because to do the opposite would cause issues with existing recording history for users that have been using Freesat in the past. (related to format of show identifiers, used to determine if a show has already been recorded or scheduled)

Overall, these are big change behind the scenes on the EPG front. It should be more maintainable for the future, and give feature parity across the different platforms.
As you know 7 day or greater EPG listings are key to any PVR system. Not having to use external services like SD et al really does give NPVR the edge now. For me personally it’s now a game changer and I’ve finally disabled TVHeadend and keeping it purely as a back up.

Once again thanks for all the hard work. I’ll be sure to mention this addition to NPVR on any of the other forums I visit. There’s changes afoot over on the TVHeadend project and maybe not all for the better so this is definitely a timely feature addition to NPVR.
Great sub, for consistency maybe change SAT>IP to use 11426 like the dvb-s conf file, if you didn't already. I wouldn't mention Sky brand if you do add a name you aren't getting the encrypted Sky channels anyway.

@satforall if you still have the test setup with Hauppauge dvb-s it would be could to test it too.

Martin
(2024-02-06, 11:51 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]Great sub, for consistency maybe change SAT>IP to use 11426 like the dvb-s conf file, if you didn't already.
I have changed it to 11426 for the next build.
(2024-02-06, 11:51 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]Great sub, for consistency maybe change SAT>IP to use 11426 like the dvb-s conf file, if you didn't already.  I wouldn't mention Sky brand  if you do add a name you aren't getting the encrypted Sky channels anyway.

@satforall if you still have the  test setup with Hauppauge dvb-s it would be could to test it too.

Martin

I have and I’m already ahead of you. Unfortunately I’m experiencing issues with NPVR dropping connection to my internal Hauppauge WinTV Nova HD S2 PCI card. 

The card is otherwise functioning correctly in both Kaffeine and TVHeadend so that rules out a hardware issue. With everything else disabled and the NPVR server enabled from cold boot NPVR recognises the card initially then once you run a scan it’s only picking up a small number of muxes. Once the scan completes the device is being reported as unavailable by NPVR.

I’ll run a session later and grab the logs and post them here.
Does the same thing happen with stable? Unfortunately the Deb installer can't downgrade so you have to remove or rename /opt/nextpvr/system first to test.

Martin
I’m testing the DVBS PCI system with stable. As I said I’ll run the system later and post the logs. I’m thinking the DVB tools package may be at issue here. Not sure who if anyone are maintaining these anymore. After over 20 years of using Ubuntu I’m seriously looking at an alternative distro. I don’t like the direction they are taking it in now. Telling me there are system updates but not available to me unless I subscribe to Ubuntu Pro. They’ve lost the spirit of FOSS.
Best to test with dvbv5-scan then to see how it scans. It really is only a wrapper to the kernel though. Sub might see something when you are ready to zip the logs.

Ubuntu is actually well supported by b-rad but I am not seeing specific issues maybe post there https://github.com/b-rad-NDi/Ubuntu-medi...der/issues if you think it is kernel related.

Martin
I’ve contributed to that github on many occasions. As you may have noticed Brad has faded into the background. In fact his last comment was over 10 months ago. I fear he may have hung up his development gloves.

I’ve tried dvbv5 scan and am getting similar flaky results. I can do a full scan of all the muxes in Kaffeine (the Linux gold standard) and TVHeadend and find all channels. I still reckon dvbv5-scan is the problem.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9