NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Dvbv5-scan of Astra 28.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Martin Lyngsat is a rubbish source. It’s based on spurious unchecked and unverified scans. I stopped using it a long time ago. They’ve also broken down Astra 28.2 into three separate satellite listings which doesn’t help either. Flysat is my source https://www.flysat.com/en/satellitelist

I don’t really use LE either. While the JeOS concept is a good idea the emphasis seems to be constantly on using a Raspberry PI which wouldn’t interest me when it comes to a HTPC and one individual in particular seems to be pushing the project in that direction. Another reason why I backed away from TVHeadend and am using NPVR where the developer is listening to his user base as proved on this occasion.
Are the source frequencies really that different? Scanned results are not that important?

I agree with everything you say about LE. The lack of h264 and mpeg2video support on a server that is client make the RPi5 a poor but expensive solution. I was only suggesting LE as a trial since a USB boot test is pretty quick to set up.
Just look at the two entries for 11426H and 11778V on Lyngsat. No mention of the fact that both muxes contain a 7 day EPG. Compare that to Flysat and you’ll see the difference. Just one example of incompleteness.

I know it would be a large undertaking for Sub but a good solid native frontend for NPVR would really benefit the server. I think Kodi in all its form is beginning to show its age and I really have no interest in the latest skin on offer. All eye candy. It’s what’s going on under the skin that interests me. Of course its popularity has led to the unintended consequences of its popularity with the pay TV pirates which in turn increases its popularity even more. You only have to enter the two magic words “kodi addons” into a Google search to see why.
That scan information is not really relevant since a developer loading that info will need to have the frequencies hardcoded anyway. The scan process doesn't care about the content on the frequency either.

The native Windows local front end is NextPVR.exe and the "native" clients for many other platforms are called UI clients. You might want to check out on on the platform UI clients, there is even a Kodi addon (knewc) discussed on this forum that provides a UI client GUI in Kodi. In addition to Android, Roku and Samung Tizen, I wrote a cross platform UI client for Widows and Linux which I might open source if I feel it is worth the effort. Right now no one seems interest in my RPi variant which uses LE enhancements in the client library to give near LE performance.

Martin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9