NextPVR Forums
  • ______
  • Home
  • New Posts
  • Wiki
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
  • Register
  • Login
  • Home
  • Wiki
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
NextPVR Forums Public NextPVR Support Windows v
« Previous 1 … 75 76 77 78 79 … 112 Next »
NPVR no longer grabs focus after fresh reboot

 
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NPVR no longer grabs focus after fresh reboot
HarryH3
Offline

Posting Freak

U.S.A
Posts: 926
Threads: 56
Joined: Mar 2006
#1
2021-04-03, 09:33 PM
We use the NPVR server and client on the same PC in the living room.  In the past, I could just switch on the TV and use my Harmony 650 remote to control NPVR.  Over the last few months, NPVR never seems to have focus after a system reboot.  Using the remote does nothing.  The screen saver logo just keeps wandering around the screen.  I have to use the trackpad on the keyboard to click anywhere on the NPVR menu screen and then everything works perfectly.  One thing I have noticed that didn't used to happen in V4 is that if I Alt-Tab, there is a Device Status window open in the background after every reboot.  That might not be related, but I don't want to leave out any details.

Any ideas what might be causing this?  IIRC, I copied over config.xml from V4 when I installed V5.  Perhaps there is a line missing from that file that V5 needs?

Thanks!
i3-3570k, 8GB RAM, Win10 Pro, Nvidia GT710, HDHomeRun (OTA), NPVR 6.x
On a clear disk, you can seek forever...
eastavin
Offline

Member

Posts: 225
Threads: 54
Joined: Oct 2016
#2
2021-04-05, 04:07 PM
(2021-04-03, 09:33 PM)HarryH3 Wrote: >>  The screen saver logo just keeps wandering around the screen.  I have to use the trackpad on the keyboard to click anywhere on the NPVR menu screen and then everything works perfectly. <<

I had about the same experience last night.. screen saver wandering around endlessly..  but the Logitech wireless keyboard cant wake up npvr.  I eventually tired ctrl alt delete which was recognized, then I hit cancel and NPVR woke up on that.  Never saw this issue on v4 on this pc so it must have something to do with v5.
sub
Offline

Administrator

NextPVR HQ, New Zealand
Posts: 108,511
Threads: 785
Joined: Nov 2003
#3
2021-04-05, 04:57 PM
Sounds like it's a case of something else has taken the focus. Some users have had this in the distant past when they were using decoders that started tray apps (and they were taking the focus from whatever was previously the foreground app - nextpvr.exe in this case).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)



Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NPVR Tray stuck showing EPG Updating Bobins 11 970 2026-09-20, 05:23 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  Closed captioning in NPVR Joram 39 4,423 2026-09-10, 06:27 PM
Last Post: sub
  How to program the Green Button to launch NPVR? Joram 11 1,744 2026-08-20, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Bobins
  EPG No Longer Working - zap2xml SamM 57 20,928 2026-08-15, 02:23 PM
Last Post: johnharrisondev
Thumbs Down New USB Stick works with TVRPlayer won't scan channels in NPVR SteveEllard 1 521 2026-08-01, 06:33 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  Guide data no longer updating after updating bac80 16 1,379 2026-07-12, 01:16 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  Continued issues, how is this not related to NPVR? Ricknextpvr 12 2,161 2026-06-23, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Ricknextpvr
  Problems with NPVR offline installation Joram 11 1,410 2026-06-15, 11:46 PM
Last Post: sub
  Cableco DVR with six tuners, can NPVR use more than one? Joram 9 1,134 2026-04-28, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Joram
  NPVR UI not picking up TV signal Joram 9 1,213 2026-03-15, 10:06 PM
Last Post: Joram

  • View a Printable Version
  • Subscribe to this thread
Forum Jump:

© Designed by D&D, modified by NextPVR - Powered by MyBB

Linear Mode
Threaded Mode