NextPVR Forums
  • ______
  • Home
  • New Posts
  • Wiki
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
  • Register
  • Login
  • Home
  • Wiki
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
NextPVR Forums Public Add-ons (3rd party plugins, utilities and skins) v
1 2 3 4 5 … 20 Next »
NextEnd v5 trial release

 
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NextEnd v5 trial release
VCR58
Offline

Posting Freak

Marion Iowa, USA
Posts: 2,046
Threads: 184
Joined: Aug 2016
#291
2022-06-16, 02:42 AM
(2022-06-16, 12:18 AM)mvallevand Wrote: ...I don't think using a local copy will buy you much reliability.

Martin

I agree. 

I gave up trying to get it running locally. Much easier to use Martin's Smile
antenna
Offline

Member

Posts: 61
Threads: 8
Joined: Oct 2017
#292
2022-06-18, 12:03 AM
(2022-06-16, 12:18 AM)mvallevand Wrote: You might as well for the NextPVR v6 Docker image since it should be easier to install permanently. 

Interesting! I hadn't kept up, how far away is the v6 Docker image? 

For now I'm only planning to set up the NextEnd client inside of the NPVR docker. I don't plan to try setting up a NextEnd server w/Jetty. Especially after VCR58's agreement with you, once he gave it a test run.

My docker is not on ARM, it's x86 (technically x64). So it's worth waiting for the v6 release to set up the NextEnd client? I could definitely do so.
mvallevand
Offline

Posting Freak

Ontario Canada
Posts: 56,795
Threads: 998
Joined: May 2006
#293
2022-06-18, 12:16 AM
Installation is the issue, currently you would need to open a bash shell and then unzip inside the Docker and you have to do this after every Docker update. With the next version I am hoping that you can install to what Docker sees as /config. I won't be fully documenting or testing Docker installs though.

I don't know sub's plans for the v6 release.

Martin
sub
Offline

Administrator

NextPVR HQ, New Zealand
Posts: 108,512
Threads: 785
Joined: Nov 2003
#294
2022-06-18, 12:56 AM
(2022-06-18, 12:03 AM)antenna Wrote: Interesting! I hadn't kept up, how far away is the v6 Docker image? 
It should be in the next 2 - 3 weeks.
antenna
Offline

Member

Posts: 61
Threads: 8
Joined: Oct 2017
#295
2022-06-18, 06:58 PM
Thank you both! I'll watch for the release.
mvallevand
Offline

Posting Freak

Ontario Canada
Posts: 56,795
Threads: 998
Joined: May 2006
#296
2022-08-23, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 2022-08-23, 03:34 PM by mvallevand.)
I have updated the server for NextEnd with a new version that changes the MLB processing to a newer API that MLB.com was recommending. Let me know if you have issues.

I also updated Washingto to the Washington Commanders and made some other tweaks for some sports team name.

Martin
VCR58
Offline

Posting Freak

Marion Iowa, USA
Posts: 2,046
Threads: 184
Joined: Aug 2016
#297
2022-08-23, 08:13 PM
Looks like it had problems with the MLB Cubs game today.


Attached Files
.zip   logs-20220823-1502.zip (Size: 1.23 MB / Downloads: 1)
mvallevand
Offline

Posting Freak

Ontario Canada
Posts: 56,795
Threads: 998
Joined: May 2006
#298
2022-08-23, 08:56 PM
Looking at the log, I think I just had to restart the server, but this is a double header too and I've never tested that. If you have a chance could you stop and start the recording if you can tell when there is a commercial or schedule the second game.

Martin
VCR58
Offline

Posting Freak

Marion Iowa, USA
Posts: 2,046
Threads: 184
Joined: Aug 2016
#299
2022-08-23, 10:14 PM
Thanks.

Nextend started monitoring normally after restarting the recording.

It is a doubleheader tonight but game 2 doesn't start until 7:00PM so it will just be a separate recording.

Rex
mvallevand
Offline

Posting Freak

Ontario Canada
Posts: 56,795
Threads: 998
Joined: May 2006
#300
2022-08-23, 10:20 PM (This post was last modified: 2022-08-23, 10:22 PM by mvallevand.)
Good, thanks for checking.

The double header condition I am not sure of is what happens if the first game is still going when the pre-padding for game two starts. When game one ends, I think they both stop.

Martin
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Pages (46): « Previous 1 … 28 29 30 31 32 … 46 Next »
Jump to page 


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upcoming NextEnd addon and remote server changes mvallevand 1 501 2026-09-04, 01:00 AM
Last Post: mvallevand
  NextEnd Docker Install Mark-McG 61 24,808 2023-08-30, 09:15 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  Comskip + NextEnd VCR58 12 6,641 2023-06-30, 02:26 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  NextEnd Extension Mechanism jcole998 7 4,800 2020-05-24, 03:39 PM
Last Post: jcole998
  NextEnd V4 jcole998 1 2,822 2020-05-18, 01:35 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  NextEnd: "Sports event monitor did not start" antenna 37 19,651 2019-10-27, 12:22 AM
Last Post: mvallevand
  NextEnd Interruption jcole998 2 2,994 2019-09-02, 05:54 PM
Last Post: jcole998
  NextEnd Readiness jcole998 24 12,935 2019-06-01, 01:33 PM
Last Post: jcole998
  Nextend help CDinger 5 5,713 2018-11-05, 03:59 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  NextEnd not extending sports event antenna 26 16,594 2018-10-11, 04:25 PM
Last Post: mvallevand

  • View a Printable Version
  • Subscribe to this thread
Forum Jump:

© Designed by D&D, modified by NextPVR - Powered by MyBB

Linear Mode
Threaded Mode