2024-11-23, 11:03 PM
No sorry, this was removed from NextPVR v7 and I do have an updated NextEnd that I forgot I needed to upload. I will try and get it uploaded soon.
Martin
Martin
|
2024-11-23, 11:03 PM
No sorry, this was removed from NextPVR v7 and I do have an updated NextEnd that I forgot I needed to upload. I will try and get it uploaded soon.
Martin
2024-11-27, 05:36 PM
The update for NextPVR v7 is now on the wiki https://github.com/sub3/NextPVR/wiki/NextEnd
If running from another folder remember update the deb file. Martin
2024-12-24, 10:44 PM
Hey, Martin.
I just upgraded to NextPVR v7 and the latest NextEnd. When comparing the Wiki and my files, I noticed that my PostUpdateEPG.bat files had the options "--monitor --jit" but the wiki just has "--Sunday" and there is no mention of "--monitor" or "--jit" options. I'm thinking that the "--Sunday" got replaced by "--monitor" when it was updated to also do the late night shows on other days besides Sunday. And I'm not recalling what the "--jit" was supposed to do. Anyway, can you advise about the proper/best options to use in the PostUpdateEPG script? -Brett
2024-12-29, 02:00 AM
HI Brett, sorry for not getting back, to you. Basically the jit option still exists. It's purpose is to exit if there are no recordings to monitor when the command gets run. I guess I called it that do you can run it right after scheduling.
If you don't use jit then the monitor continues all Sunday or until after late night waiting for new shows to be scheduled. Martin
2025-10-05, 11:26 PM
Greetings, Martin.
Can you take a look at these logs (specifically nextend.log.2 and nrecord.log.3 around 11:35am today)? It appears that NextEnd was running and monitoring the game (Vikings vs. Browns in London) and "knew" that the game had not ended yet at 11:35am. But it did not seem to extend the recording. -Brett
2025-10-06, 12:28 AM
(This post was last modified: 2025-10-06, 12:29 AM by mvallevand.)
Hey Brett, Did you happen to use 4 or 5 minutes padding for that recording? Unfortunately if the recording ends in the padding time NextEnd assumes NextPVR is working as it shoukl.
Martin
2025-10-06, 01:17 PM
(2025-10-06, 12:28 AM)mvallevand Wrote: Hey Brett, Did you happen to use 4 or 5 minutes padding for that recording? Unfortunately if the recording ends in the padding time NextEnd assumes NextPVR is working as it shoukl. Yes, my default post-padding is 5 minutes. So, are you saying that it needs to be 3 minutes or less for NextEnd to work to extend until the end of the game? And then it will extend it for "--postgame 15" minutes after the end of the game?
2025-10-06, 01:43 PM
Right now postgame isn't used if padding seems sufficient to record the game without extending. I have to redo that logic.
Martin
2025-10-06, 01:52 PM
(2025-10-06, 01:43 PM)mvallevand Wrote: Right now postgame isn't used if padding seems sufficient to record the game without extending. I have to redo that logic. But for now are you saying that if I just lower the post-padding to 3 minutes or less, then (the current version) of NextEnd should extend it?
2025-10-06, 01:59 PM
Not really since if it thinks it will end if 3 minutes it still won't give you 15 minutes. I will check later today hopefully before MNF. Hard to get motivated these past few days, we are having record summer-like weather in the fall right now and the Blue Jays are playing.
Martin |
|
|
| Possibly Related Threads… | |||||
| Thread | Author | Replies | Views | Last Post | |
| Upcoming NextEnd addon and remote server changes | mvallevand | 1 | 658 |
2026-09-04, 01:00 AM Last Post: mvallevand |
|
| NextEnd Docker Install | Mark-McG | 61 | 25,179 |
2023-08-30, 09:15 PM Last Post: mvallevand |
|
| Comskip + NextEnd | VCR58 | 12 | 6,785 |
2023-06-30, 02:26 PM Last Post: mvallevand |
|
| NextEnd Extension Mechanism | jcole998 | 7 | 4,891 |
2020-05-24, 03:39 PM Last Post: jcole998 |
|
| NextEnd V4 | jcole998 | 1 | 2,867 |
2020-05-18, 01:35 PM Last Post: mvallevand |
|
| NextEnd: "Sports event monitor did not start" | antenna | 37 | 19,788 |
2019-10-27, 12:22 AM Last Post: mvallevand |
|
| NextEnd Interruption | jcole998 | 2 | 3,031 |
2019-09-02, 05:54 PM Last Post: jcole998 |
|
| NextEnd Readiness | jcole998 | 24 | 13,017 |
2019-06-01, 01:33 PM Last Post: jcole998 |
|
| Nextend help | CDinger | 5 | 5,747 |
2018-11-05, 03:59 PM Last Post: mvallevand |
|
| NextEnd not extending sports event | antenna | 26 | 16,666 |
2018-10-11, 04:25 PM Last Post: mvallevand |
|