NextPVR Forums
  • ______
  • Home
  • New Posts
  • Wiki
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
  • Register
  • Login
  • Home
  • Wiki
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
NextPVR Forums Public NextPVR Support Windows v
1 2 3 4 5 … 112 Next »
Desktop Client lost it's audio

 
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desktop Client lost it's audio
Rich A
Offline

Member

USA
Posts: 237
Threads: 27
Joined: Feb 2012
#1
2026-08-21, 05:56 PM
Several days ago my nextpvr.exe desktop client suddenly lost all audio.  Everything else works okay and the Nextpvr web interface and all other apps on this PC using any type of audio work seemed okay.   I have switched over to the yaui desktop client which does work.  I understand the differences in audio processing between various codecs, apps etc.  I have tried re-installing the NextPVR app completely, as well as re-installing the LAV codecs etc. All other audio apps etc. still work but the NextPvr.exe desktop client will not produce any audio.  (Don't know if this is related but I also can no longer log into the web account to view copy logs?)
- Rich A
Rich A
Offline

Member

USA
Posts: 237
Threads: 27
Joined: Feb 2012
#2
2026-08-21, 06:11 PM
Here are my logs


Attached Files
.zip   logs-20260821-1401.zip (Size: 963.32 KB / Downloads: 4)
- Rich A
sub
Offline

Administrator

NextPVR HQ, New Zealand
Posts: 108,536
Threads: 786
Joined: Nov 2003
#3
2026-08-22, 05:14 PM
I can't see anything obvious in the logs. Is it also missing audio when playing a recording? If so, please supply a sample recording (on onedrive, dropbox, google drive etc)
Rich A
Offline

Member

USA
Posts: 237
Threads: 27
Joined: Feb 2012
#4
2026-08-22, 10:10 PM
(2026-08-22, 05:14 PM)sub Wrote: I can't see anything obvious in the logs. Is it also missing audio when playing a recording? If so, please supply a sample recording (on onedrive, dropbox, google drive etc)

The "only" time I do not have audio is when using the NextPvr.exe client.  The web interface and the actual saved recorded show can be played with any multimedia app.  and the audio is working then.  Any multimedia Windows app plays with audio.  The actual NextPVR WEB player plays with audio.   The only thing that does not have audio is any kind of video being played using the NextPVR.exe desktop client.   To be clear that would be "any" video played with the desktop client options .. a recorded TV show, or a video that was downloaded from something other than Nextpvr but selected from the "Videos" menu of the Nextpvr.exe desktop app.  

I often use that desktop client "videos" menu to browse a separate list of shows ripped from DVDs and BluRay discs (my personal collection of over 900 movies).  NO videos being played with the desktop client have audio.  Yet ALL those same videos when played with any other media player do have audio.  Could this be some kind of glitch or corrupton with the codec being used by Nextpvr?   I did aready remove and then re-install the latest version which didn't help.
- Rich A
sub
Offline

Administrator

NextPVR HQ, New Zealand
Posts: 108,536
Threads: 786
Joined: Nov 2003
#5
2026-08-22, 10:34 PM
(2026-08-22, 10:10 PM)Rich A Wrote: The "only" time I do not have audio is when using the NextPvr.exe client.  The web interface and the actual saved recorded show can be played with any multimedia app.  and the audio is working then.  Any multimedia Windows app plays with audio.  The actual NextPVR WEB player plays with audio.   The only thing that does not have audio is any kind of video being played using the NextPVR.exe desktop client.   To be clear that would be "any" video played with the desktop client options .. a recorded TV show, or a video that was downloaded from something other than Nextpvr but selected from the "Videos" menu of the Nextpvr.exe desktop app.  
Yes, I get that you're saying it's only happens in nextpvr.exe. As I said above, please supply a sample recording (on onedrive, dropbox, google drive etc) and I'll check it out.
Rich A
Offline

Member

USA
Posts: 237
Threads: 27
Joined: Feb 2012
#6
2026-08-23, 12:20 AM
I was just getting ready to send you a sample video and I think I found the problem.  While searching for a suitable video sample I happen to get envolved with some windows related settings (long story) and I FOUND something going on with the Windows 11 sound settings in the Blu-Tooth area.  Don't know how or why (other than I had had another windows OS update recently) the Windows 11 OS decided to do something to it's Blu-tooth configuration (which I rarely change).  I recently bought a new "blu tooth" enabled fancy hearing aid and I DO have that thing set so it can wirelessly connect to my cell phone and I can use it hands free and be able to hear the cell phone audio directly being piped to my hearing aid. 

It looks like a recent windows OS update added something or changed something that FOUND my hearing aid's blu-tooth wire-less signal that caused this problem.  I still haven't fully figurered out what or how BUT I found turning OFF completely that windows OS blue tooth setting fixed my audio play back problem in NextPVR.  So to test my theory I turned that new "hearing aid" blu tooth device that the Win OS set up, back on expecting to have the audio fail again, and to my surprise everything is back to normal.  The only difference is that I now have an additional new Blu-tooth device that was automatically added and it is now working as it should and I guess once I cycled that on and off, it now can be turned on and off normally like the other Windows Blu tooth devices. I think the original "set up" of that device that was automatically done during a large windows update had a problem with that Blu-tooth system area, and it resulted with this issue.

Right now NextPvr.exe client is again working perfectly.  Alll I did was turn off the Blu tooth DEVICE that was added by the recent Windows 11 OS update, which was showing as my Phonak left ear hearing aid.  (I only have one hearing aid)  There are a few blu-tooth enabled wireless devices on this PC and this one for the hearing aid is something new.  I have since been turning that new device on and off occassionally and now it works correctly every time. And now I always have audio on all my Nextpvr.exe client playing recording shows.  I'll have to watch this for a while and see what happens.  If I was 50 years younger I would nuke this POS OS windows OS and go the Apple or Linux route.  <grin>
- Rich A
sub
Offline

Administrator

NextPVR HQ, New Zealand
Posts: 108,536
Threads: 786
Joined: Nov 2003
#7
2026-08-23, 03:37 AM
Ok. Good you got to the bottom of it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)



Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robotic audio in Chromium browsers (Firefox, Kodi and Android work correctly) digitaltuner 33 2,631 2026-08-07, 01:55 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  Will new release fix my audio synch issues? Ricknextpvr 102 8,034 2026-07-28, 12:50 AM
Last Post: mvallevand
  Lost devices after new install erik 9 1,353 2026-04-28, 04:07 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  A few windows client questions time_lord 16 2,052 2026-04-23, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Bobins
  Problem with Live TV in Web client Bobins 4 871 2026-03-31, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Bobins
  Exception running latest client time_lord 15 1,830 2026-03-23, 05:59 AM
Last Post: time_lord
  Help. IPTV audio. 1ch works. 1ch doesn't. w/examples+logs snard 11 3,171 2026-02-16, 05:48 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  Client crashes during EPG scroll Joram 25 3,292 2026-02-07, 01:56 AM
Last Post: mvallevand
  Audio and video not synchronized? Berger 1 608 2026-02-02, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Bobins
  client playback Dale Dewing 7 1,463 2026-01-11, 11:10 PM
Last Post: Dale Dewing

  • View a Printable Version
  • Subscribe to this thread
Forum Jump:

© Designed by D&D, modified by NextPVR - Powered by MyBB

Linear Mode
Threaded Mode