NextPVR Forums
  • ______
  • Home
  • New Posts
  • Wiki
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
  • Register
  • Login
  • Home
  • Wiki
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
NextPVR Forums Public NextPVR Support v
1 2 3 4 5 … 46 Next »
Playback stops after changing recording directory

 
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playback stops after changing recording directory
robmorren2
Offline

Junior Member

United States
Posts: 15
Threads: 3
Joined: Aug 2022
#1
2026-09-28, 04:32 AM
Hi, 

I'm on Version: 7.1.1.260616  on a Windows 10 PC with clients that are all RasPi, Onn, Fire. 

I had a secondary recording location that was pointed at my NAS on my network. It was called "DS418play". The path was "\\DS418play\TV Shows\NextPVR Recordings\". That setup worked fine for years. I recently got a new NAS. I named it "DS1618". The folder structure is the same, so I updated the recording location to "\\DS1618\TV Shows\NextPVR Recordings\"

For some reason, that causes a problem. I can get TV to play on a client for maybe 30 secs, sometimes longer, and then an error will pop up that says timeshifting is disabled, and the stream stops shortly after. To test, I renamed my NAS "DS418play" (the same name as my old NAS and old file path, even though this is a DS1618 NAS now). That made the errors stop and playback was fine again. I changed the names to DS1618, error started again.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix? I did export the logs zip file, but I'm unsure what specifically would be needed from it. Thanks in advance!

Rob
mvallevand
Offline

Posting Freak

Ontario Canada
Posts: 56,872
Threads: 1,001
Joined: May 2006
#2
2026-09-28, 01:29 PM
Upload the exported zipped logs by attaching them to a post and we can have a look.

Martin
robmorren2
Offline

Junior Member

United States
Posts: 15
Threads: 3
Joined: Aug 2022
#3
2026-09-28, 04:03 PM
Thank you very much. Log zip file attached.


Attached Files
.zip   logs-20260928-0023.zip (Size: 859.04 KB / Downloads: 2)
mvallevand
Offline

Posting Freak

Ontario Canada
Posts: 56,872
Threads: 1,001
Joined: May 2006
#4
2026-09-28, 06:20 PM
Is your old \\DS418play device online since NextPVR will search for your existing recordings on it. If it is offline then those search will take a long time fail which does seem to match the database lock errors i see in the log. I think this setting in config.xml would avoid that search

<CheckForRenamedRecordings>false</CheckForRenamedRecordings>


Martin
robmorren2
Offline

Junior Member

United States
Posts: 15
Threads: 3
Joined: Aug 2022
#5
2026-09-29, 04:41 PM
(2026-09-28, 06:20 PM)mvallevand Wrote: Is your old \\DS418play device online since NextPVR will search for your existing recordings on it.  If it is offline then those search will take a long time fail which does seem to match the database lock errors i see in the log.  I think this setting in config.xml would avoid that search

    <CheckForRenamedRecordings>false</CheckForRenamedRecordings>


Martin

Originally, I deleted the \\DS418play recording location (it wasn't a primary recording location, it was an additional recording location, the main location is "D:\NextPVRRecordings") and then updated it to my new NAS \\DS1618 ... However, I get that error and playback stops. Even though the \\DS418play recording location no longer shows on the General tab of the settings page. It seems like it still searches for it even though it is no longer set as a recording path. My temporary workaround (that has worked) is to name my new NAS "DS418play" even though it's actually a DS1618+. I'd like to name it appropriately, but whenever I do, it breaks my NextPVR functionality. 

And to be clear, I don't use the "real" DS418play anymore. The only NAS on my network now is the DS1618, which I had to rename "DS418play" to get NextPVR to work again.

Thanks!
mvallevand
Offline

Posting Freak

Ontario Canada
Posts: 56,872
Threads: 1,001
Joined: May 2006
#6
2026-09-29, 04:50 PM
Maybe you didn't understand my post. Your logs showed an old recording on that drive

<file>\\DS418play\TV Shows\NextPVR Recordings\College Football\College Football_20211113_12001500.ts</file>

and there may be others. If you don't make the config.xml change or delete any bad recordings you likely will have this problem.

Martin
robmorren2
Offline

Junior Member

United States
Posts: 15
Threads: 3
Joined: Aug 2022
#7
2026-09-29, 05:24 PM
(2026-09-29, 04:50 PM)mvallevand Wrote: Maybe you didn't understand my post.  Your logs showed an old recording on that drive

      <file>\\DS418play\TV Shows\NextPVR Recordings\College Football\College Football_20211113_12001500.ts</file>

and there may be others.  If you don't make the config.xml change or delete any bad recordings you likely will have this problem.

Martin

Ok, gotcha. Sorry, I'm a little out of my depth with this. I made the change in the config file. I tested it, and I had two more failures (same symptoms as before). I attached new logs. Thank you again!


Attached Files
.zip   logs-20260929-1322.zip (Size: 1.19 MB / Downloads: 1)
mvallevand
Offline

Posting Freak

Ontario Canada
Posts: 56,872
Threads: 1,001
Joined: May 2006
#8
2026-09-29, 05:51 PM (This post was last modified: 2026-09-29, 06:29 PM by mvallevand.)
The database issue is gone but now it a different error. Seems like your Cube3 stopped renewing Live TV and we'd need to see your Kodi logs from it if you don't think it was a network error in your home. That last request should have come 7 seconds after the last ok.

Code:
2026-09-29 13:21:17.736 [DEBUG][27] Renew lease ok (0x5B0002) 2026-09-29 13:21:24.743 [DEBUG][27] Renew lease ok (0x5B0002) 2026-09-29 13:21:31.747 [DEBUG][29] Renew lease ok (0x5B0002) 2026-09-29 13:21:38.756 [DEBUG][29] Renew lease ok (0x5B0002) 2026-09-29 13:22:03.901 [ERROR][10] Live stream expired without 15 second renewal. (handle:5B0002) 2026-09-29 13:22:05.636 [DEBUG][29] Renew lease failed (0x5B0002)

Thinking about it more though it does look like NextPVR is taking to long to return the empty recording list you might need to set AutoRemoveMissingRecordings to false too. Or maybe delete that recording from the recording list.

Martin
robmorren2
Offline

Junior Member

United States
Posts: 15
Threads: 3
Joined: Aug 2022
#9
2026-09-29, 07:13 PM
I used a RasPi to test again. Kodi Log and NPVR Logs from the same time are attached. For reference, my NAS is at 192.168.1.107 ... same IP address as the old NAS, just changed the name. I also copied over the folders and files that were in the old NAS (DS418play) to the new NAS (DS1618). The file path is the same, other than the NAS name. Thanks!


Attached Files
.zip   logs-20260929-1322.zip (Size: 1.19 MB / Downloads: 1)
mvallevand
Offline

Posting Freak

Ontario Canada
Posts: 56,872
Threads: 1,001
Joined: May 2006
#10
2026-09-29, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 2026-09-29, 07:33 PM by mvallevand.)
You uploaded the same logs. Current folder layout doesn't matter NextPVR stored the old UNC name as I showed above, but it appears all the recordings are gone now.

Martin
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Pages (2): 1 2 Next »


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kodi 21 / pvr.nextpvr 21.3.2.1 – Live TV stops after 30–60 minutes, HTTP range error Rad 5 145 2026-10-08, 05:01 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  Automatic Recording Cleanup weavol 3 1,118 2026-08-21, 03:16 PM
Last Post: artmetz
  playback hiccups Allan 15 2,115 2026-03-18, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Allan
  Could you explain a little more about the /buffer directory? wmarler 2 696 2026-01-01, 12:48 AM
Last Post: wmarler
  Odd recording ceejayemm 3 935 2025-11-30, 09:06 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  Playback skipping jpcoh1 3 1,005 2025-11-09, 02:48 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  Recording Auto Transcode VCR58 10 5,246 2025-11-07, 04:16 AM
Last Post: mvallevand
  No recording after Windows 11 Update Remleym 34 6,474 2025-10-19, 04:44 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  Daily Recording type Fails to Record Fillimerica 13 2,313 2025-10-15, 03:22 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  Recording interrupted The1nOnlyHMatt 5 1,767 2025-10-10, 05:39 PM
Last Post: mvallevand

  • View a Printable Version
  • Subscribe to this thread
Forum Jump:

© Designed by D&D, modified by NextPVR - Powered by MyBB

Linear Mode
Threaded Mode