NextPVR Forums

Full Version: problems with dvd burning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi - i'm a new user. I have GB-PVR v1.3.11 and the newest release of Burndvdx2. Config set to NTSC and to use Nero.
I tried burning a movie to a dvd. It was 2.5 hours, and 5.3GB to start with, but i ran comskip on it, and set it to trim the commercials, which should have brought it under 4.7gb.
It burned the DVD without showing any errors (that i know about). However the dvd only had around 2GB of info, and was missing about an hour of the movie. The beginning and end were there, but it skipped a bunch in the middle. No commercials though.
Also it would only play on my computer. Not on my DVD player. I've used this drive and media combo with other software and it played fine on my DVD player.

Any ideas what i can try to fix this issue?
I was running into a similar issue, but not for DVD burning. I used Skip tool to cut commercials (using comskip) and transcode to avi. The same thing would happen, about an hour of the middle would disappear.

Both plugins are written by Pastro (a great developer) and he uses Stattik's transcoding script.

I haven't tried commercials lately, so I can't tell you if it's been fixed. Sorry.
mkenyon2 Wrote:I was running into a similar issue, but not for DVD burning. I used Skip tool to cut commercials (using comskip) and transcode to avi. The same thing would happen, about an hour of the middle would disappear.

Both plugins are written by Pastro (a great developer) and he uses Stattik's transcoding script.

I haven't tried commercials lately, so I can't tell you if it's been fixed. Sorry.

Burndvdx2 uses skiptool internally so both could suffer from the same issue. Go into the temp dir and post whatever .edl files you see. Also from the original file location post the {filename}.txt file (comskip output).
a zip file is attached with the only EDL file and the original comskip file
nils Wrote:a zip file is attached with the only EDL file and the original comskip file

Those files are fine. Post the builddvd.cmd file and I'll look if there is any issue there.
ok, here it is, with the log also
nils Wrote:ok, here it is, with the log also

Nothing wrong with the build file.
I'd like to see if there is an issue with the file that mencoder creates, or the output of dvdauthor is the trouble.

I will need you to modify the C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\Third Party\burndvd\ADDDVDNTSCmencoder.cmd file
(That's assuming you are creating a 4:3 file with commercial cutting for NTSC with no subtitles)
If you are creating something else find the appropriate file in that dir.

Remove the "del test.mpg" from the end of the command file
Try creating a file or ISO structure so you don't waste a dvd
Create the DVD and then look at the test.mpg file and see if it is correct or the file has the hour in the middle.
ok, i've run the program again on the same file, after removing the del test line. The test.mpg file is indeed missing roughly an hour in the middle of the movie. its missing the same part as the previous try.
thanks for taking the time to try and help me. Its a neat program. hopefully i can get it working.
nils Wrote:ok, i've run the program again on the same file, after removing the del test line. The test.mpg file is indeed missing roughly an hour in the middle of the movie. its missing the same part as the previous try.
thanks for taking the time to try and help me. Its a neat program. hopefully i can get it working.

Ok at least we know it's not dvdauthor. It would seem to be mencoder causing the trouble when it does the commercial cut. It could be a timestamp issue, but let's see if we can narrow it down.

Can you remove all of the commercials except say the first one from the .txt file (the one in the dir with the mpg). See how big the test.mpg file that is created is in that case.
Here is some more additions to the adddvdntscmencoder file
>test.log 2>&1
Put this on the end of the first line (the mencoder line)
Then post the test.log file from that dir. You can run with all commercials in.

EDIT:
add this before -oac copy
-msglevel all=9
Pages: 1 2 3 4