NextPVR Forums

Full Version: New dongle for GBPVR and NPVR 2010-12-24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Thanks for the update Martin! It works fine with GBPVR now. I hope to also test it with NPVR shortly. Smile
mvallevand Wrote:As part of start up script, I extract the info from flash. You can see it in telnet

cat /etc/tftp.config

Martin
You've got me breaking brand new territory here with puTTY Smile, but it does show TFTP=IP address of the server I loaded the dongle from. Is there anyway to remove that or change to the equivalent of --emulate ?

I've tried changing the MVP Server ID to ? in the MVP web interface, but I assume that is superceded by what's in flash?

Alex
To change the IP in flash, you need to load a real Hauppauge dongle from the later beta servers. You are bringing up some stuff I am pretty rusty on, to use the new MVP IP from the web interface you have to soft power off.

Martin
Martin, after using the new dongle successfully with GBPVR I shut down GBPVR and fired up NPVR instead. I then forced a reboot of the MVP via the mvpmc start menu. The MVP then loaded the dongle (Dec 28, 2010 version) and NPVR was onscreen. All looks good until I press the blue button to see the time line. It doesn't show up at all. Is this normal for NPVR?

Thanks!
HarryH3 Wrote:Martin, after using the new dongle successfully with GBPVR I shut down GBPVR and fired up NPVR instead. I then forced a reboot of the MVP via the mvpmc start menu. The MVP then loaded the dongle (Dec 28, 2010 version) and NPVR was onscreen. All looks good until I press the blue button to see the time line. It doesn't show up at all. Is this normal for NPVR?

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for confirming this works with GBPVR. To work with NPVR make sure you have <StartPortControl>5916</StartPortControl> in config.xml or it will think it is running GBPVR

There's also no need to reboot and reload the dongle, just hit Go Back to get to the mvpmc main screen and select Emualtion mode when you are ready.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:To change the IP in flash, you need to load a real Hauppauge dongle from the later beta servers. You are bringing up some stuff I am pretty rusty on, to use the new MVP IP from the web interface you have to soft power off.

Martin
Hi Martin

I downloaded mediamvpsetup_34_25345.exe from the Hauppauge web site and substituted the supplied dongle.bin with the Dec 27 version of dongle.npvr.bin renamed to dongle.bin - I also created a new dongle.bin.config using editpad (I think I might have edited my original one with Notepad++) and loaded the dongle using the Hauppauge server.

The web interface showed that it has accepted my --emulate ? option and when I soft power off/on, the MVP looks for the first server instead of the preferred server.

/etc/tftp.config still shows the preferred server IP address but I can't see how this can be avoided, since the hard reboot process insists on a preferred server being selected (even if there is only one server available).

I'll go and have a play with it now...

Alex
Alex I can't tell from this whether you ran the Hauppauge server and dongle. You must to update flash.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Alex I can't tell from this whether you ran the Hauppauge server and dongle. You must to update flash.

Martin
First I installed the Hauppauge server and ran it out of the box (no sign of mvpmc anywhere) - the server UI is not the greatest in the world...

I then substituted mvpmc for the Hauppauge dongle and reloaded. No matter which dongle I load, I can't see any way around selecting a preferred server?

Alex
The preferred server will be the IP of the server you load the dongle from.

Martin
Martin,

I'm late to this party, busy xmas etc Big Grin

Thanks so much for this, working through it now.

Quote:<StartPortControl>5916</StartPortControl> in config.xml or it will think it is running GBPVR

I have port control in NPVR config.xml @ port 5906? Is this wrong?

cheers

Steeb
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7