NextPVR Forums

Full Version: New dongle for GBPVR and NPVR 2010-12-24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
steeb Wrote:Big Grin very lonely! Or actually looking at it the other way, very special! ...............

And while I think of it is there anyway to not have 'DVD' display on the menu on an MVP (haven't checked on NMT can't remember if that has it too?)

Cheers Sub, don't feel so lonely now! Trying in a mo, got into Abba playing on Martin's Web Radio now Big Grin

Before I forget to ask again is there a way to remove 'DVD' from MVP and NMT menus?

steeb
steeb Wrote:Before I forget to ask again is there a way to remove 'DVD' from MVP and NMT menus?
No, not currently. I'll try to add something in the future.
sub Wrote:I havnt tested it, but can you see if this helps?

Sub,

reporting back that I have successfully changed up and down 5/6 channels with no stop back to main menu. Not a rigourous test but cetainly enough to show that the issue as it was before is resolved. There are some A/V sync issues sometimes after a channel change but guess that is one for Martin? Anyway this is excellent, thank you, both, great stuff.

steeb
Steeb we've talked about the a/v sync issue before and if the suggestions I gave you aren't working there is nothing more I am going to do.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Steeb we've talked about the a/v sync issue before and if the suggestions I gave you aren't working there is nothing more I am going to do.

Martin

OK thanks Martin,

I often forget what I have and haven't done (awful memory for such things) but what I think you refer to is the

no-seek-sync

in which case if I have the entry correct in my dongle.bin.config file

mvpmc -a 4:3 -m pal -o svideo --no-seek-sync --startup emulate --emulate 10.0.0.60 --em-flac & fi

that's been there a while and does not solve the issue.

thanks to you and Sub for putting so much work into this, at least there is LiveTV on the MVP's with NextPVR! Shame that I seem to be the only dinosaur left using them for LiveTV Big Grin

once again many thanks

steeb
You can try a few other things, but if normal files play ok, the MVP might not be fast enough to keep up without more buffering. A pause might help. Also I think you use powerline ethernet? if so you might get extra throughput using wired.

Note this patch does break potentially LiveTV on the NMT so it is not for everyone.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:You can try a few other things, but if normal files play ok, the MVP might not be fast enough to keep up without more buffering. A pause might help. Also I think you use powerline ethernet? if so you might get extra throughput using wired.

Note this patch does break potentially LiveTV on the NMT so it is not for everyone.

Martin

Martin,

will I find the possible other things to try if I go back through some threads? Tried the pause trick last night to see if that helped to buffer up a bit more but no joy. There's me with a bad memory, how about you with the opposite, remembering the powerline stuff! Yes powerline ethernet feeds the house but all testing is done with an MVP hooked straight into the same switch as the PVR server.

And I didn't know that about this patch (I haven't noticed any issues yet with NMT) what can it potentially break LiveTV wise?

cheers

steeb
If it won't sync on pause try removing --no-seek-sync and go back to defaults and see if pause helps.

Sub released this basically for MVP testing, and LiveTV may cause the PCH to freeze requiring a reboot.

Martin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7