NextPVR Forums

Full Version: New dongle for GBPVR and NPVR 2010-12-24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Martin,

I now have a dongle booting dec 31st.... 2010, is that good. Bed for me here will pick up tomorrow. Thank you. Steeb x
steeb Wrote:Martin,

I now have a dongle booting dec 31st.... 2010, is that good. Bed for me here will pick up tomorrow. Thank you. Steeb x

He he he, sorry about the x at end of post, had been writing thank you cards all day and got in the habit of x'ing Smile, but hey, ain't going to edit it out Big Grin

All MVP's now running joint dongle, only bad behaviour I have seen is a slight drift with sync audio/video and GB-PVR catching LiveTV with mpg. I really can't see a need to pursue this as total switch to NPVR is immanent, unless the A/V drift is the same with NPVR which I haven't had a chance to try.

Steeb
It is extremely unlikely that any mpg playback changes with GB-PVR are because of this dongle, the playback is handled by mvpmc code I don't touch. In fact after last week's code review of differences, I can't imagine where anything would be different. The more anyone scrutinizes the MVP the more flaws they will find.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:It is extremely unlikely that any mpg playback changes with GB-PVR are because of this dongle, the playback is handled by mvpmc code I don't touch. In fact after last week's code review of differences, I can't imagine where anything would be different. The more anyone scrutinizes the MVP the more flaws they will find.

Martin

Thanks Martin, no flaws, not scrutinising (lovely word that, scrutinise, just sounds great) just noting that whatever I have done changing dongles has caused a slight drift in the A/V sync. Just tried again, this is not sync over time, this is sync from start. Just out by a few ms. Really it was not there before :confused:

thank you so much

Steeb
Check out this for some options http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...P-Playback maybe your were running an even older dongle, I remember at one time you were.

Sync is not a new problem on the MVP searching you will find several people with problems.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Check out this for some options http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...P-Playback maybe your were running an even older dongle, I remember at one time you were.

Sync is not a new problem on the MVP searching you will find several people with problems.

Martin

Thanks Martin, now you've found it I remember that thread too!

I don't think it is specific to what I have seen tonight but will try next available opportunity. Quite honestly just want to get NPVR up and running now so can't see I can offer much troubleshooting with GB-PVR?

thank you again

Steeb
Note too, that if you have a/v sync issues with GBPVR it is very unlikely that NPVR will fix them and vice versa.

Martin

PS As for the "x", that probably is taking this "friendly community" notion a little too far.
mvallevand Wrote:Note too, that if you have a/v sync issues with GBPVR it is very unlikely that NPVR will fix them and vice versa.

Martin

PS As for the "x", that probably is taking this "friendly community" notion a little too far.

Big Grin and again Big Grin

yes the x was a little too friendly, got carried away signing 'x's on thank you cards yesterday and it drifted :o Having said that if i wanted to give anyone an 'x' on this forum it would have been you!

Yes, I have a suspicion once dongle and NPVR are run up same issue will be encountered.

Steeb
Sorry for the stupid question but how do I load the new mvpmc dongle? I put the file in the Dongle folder, and renamed it dongle.bin. Does the MVP automagically pick it up now? In GBPVR I had to select which file to use, I don't see this anywhere in NPVR? Also how do I verify that the correct dongle is being used?

I am having problems still with the "Play All" on a folder of videos, it plays the first 2 but then crashes and goes back to the screen where you must select Emulation. I just want to make sure I am using the right dongle before go further.
ottoguy Wrote:Sorry for the stupid question but how do I load the new mvpmc dongle? I put the file in the Dongle folder, and renamed it dongle.bin. Does the MVP automagically pick it up now? In GBPVR I had to select which file to use, I don't see this anywhere in NPVR? Also how do I verify that the correct dongle is being used?

I am having problems still with the "Play All" on a folder of videos, it plays the first 2 but then crashes and goes back to the screen where you must select Emulation. I just want to make sure I am using the right dongle before go further.

Latest Dongle should be dated Dec 31st 2010. You can't select the dongle name in a drop down list like GB-PVR but I believe NextPVR now recognises alternate named dongles apart from dongle.bin. This can be set by editing the NextPVR config.xml file

http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...n.Advanced

(if you do this you will want to stop/restart the NextPVR recording service)

however there should be no need to change this name if you have already renamed the new dongle to dongle.bin

If you are already loading an mvpmc dongle all you need to do is to unplug the MVP at the back of the unit and plug it in again. This should now boot the new dongle. Watch for the mvpmc loading screen, this will tell you which version of the dongle is loading. Alternatively once you are in the NextPVR menu if you hit 'go' 'go' 'back/exit' on your MVP remote this will take you back to the mvpmc menu where selecting 'about' will tell you which dongle you are running.

steeb
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7