NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Lots of channels no TV and No EPG (Freesat over SAT>IP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
HI Guys me again, sorry to bother you. i have been scratching my head on this one

i am running version  5.0.7.200726  on linux and have managed to get the 4 DVB-S adaptors working (thanks Martin) and downloaded the channels via Astra 28.8 i have now loads of channels but cant view TV within NextPVr webpage  also Kodi is not pulling the tv channels through (although TBH i will work on that later)

i have then auto mapped all channels to freesat EPG and run the EPG grabber and get this error in the logs - No /var/opt/nextpvr/scripts/UpdateEPG.sh file found

can someone advise why i cant get live tv and why freesat EPG is failing i include the logs if you need more info let me know

i have read somewhere about 0282.ini but i assume that this only equates to Windows not linux

thanks all

Mike 
Quote:2020-08-15 17:55:37.987 [ERROR][29] Unexpecetd error updating EPG: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 's')
at System.IO.StringReader..ctor(String s)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
at NShared.DVBEPGSource.UpdateEPG(IEPGUpdateCallback callback)
at NShared.EPGManager.UpdateEPG(IEPGUpdateCallback callback, Boolean manuallyInitiated)
at NShared.EPGManager.WorkerThread(Object args)
2020-08-15 17:55:37.987 [INFO][29] Finished updating EPG
It'll be something to do with this error message.

I'm not sure what's causing it yet. Can you please supply your NPVR.db3 file?
sub Wrote:
Quote:2020-08-15 17:55:37.987 [ERROR][29] Unexpecetd error updating EPG: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 's')
  at System.IO.StringReader..ctor(String s)
  at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
  at NShared.DVBEPGSource.UpdateEPG(IEPGUpdateCallback callback)
  at NShared.EPGManager.UpdateEPG(IEPGUpdateCallback callback, Boolean manuallyInitiated)
  at NShared.EPGManager.WorkerThread(Object args)
2020-08-15 17:55:37.987 [INFO][29] Finished updating EPG
It'll be something to do with this error message.

I'm not sure what's causing it yet. Can you please supply your NPVR.db3 file?
I can only see empty.db3 file in /opt/nextpvr/system/data there isn't a NPVR.db3 and I cant download it as it says it cant find the file
The file is in /var/opt/nextpvr

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:The file is in /var/opt/nextpvr

Martin

Sorry Martin and Sub, messed it right up and deleted a folder, so looking to reinstall however when I run the apt install

[size=5]sudo apt install ./nextpvr-helper.deb --install-recommends[/size]

it says it is the latest helper at 1.4 and wont install....

sorry I need to reinstall but cant seem to do it, please help then take the computer away from me Smile
Morrisimo Wrote:

Martin

Sorry Martin and Sub, messed it right up and deleted a folder, so looking to reinstall however when I run the apt install

sorry I need to reinstall but cant seem to do it, please help then take the computer away from me Smile

scratch last post uninstalled and reinstalled will revert back!
Morrisimo Wrote:
Morrisimo Wrote:

Martin

scratch last post uninstalled and reinstalled will revert back!

Sub and Martin here is the file now NPBR.db3
You would need to zip it and make sure the file is under 2MB or it will silently fail.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:You would need to zip it and make sure the file is under 2MB or it will silently fail.

Martin

here you go
When you reinstalled did you remember to re-edit the conf file https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...#pid545010?

Also have you fixed the problem with the folder/home/root/recordings/ that I mentioned? Create a better folder location and give it the proper permission based on the announcement thread. That will probably get playback working.

Martin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18