NextPVR Forums
  • ______
  • Home
  • New Posts
  • Wiki
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
  • Register
  • Login
  • Home
  • Wiki
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
NextPVR Forums Public NextPVR Support v
1 2 3 4 5 … 46 Next »
Playback stops after changing recording directory

 
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playback stops after changing recording directory
robmorren2
Offline

Junior Member

United States
Posts: 10
Threads: 3
Joined: Aug 2022
#1
1 hour ago
Hi, 

I'm on Version: 7.1.1.260616  on a Windows 10 PC with clients that are all RasPi, Onn, Fire. 

I had a secondary recording location that was pointed at my NAS on my network. It was called "DS418play". The path was "\\DS418play\TV Shows\NextPVR Recordings\". That setup worked fine for years. I recently got a new NAS. I named it "DS1618". The folder structure is the same, so I updated the recording location to "\\DS1618\TV Shows\NextPVR Recordings\"

For some reason, that causes a problem. I can get TV to play on a client for maybe 30 secs, sometimes longer, and then an error will pop up that says timeshifting is disabled, and the stream stops shortly after. To test, I renamed my NAS "DS418play" (the same name as my old NAS and old file path, even though this is a DS1618 NAS now). That made the errors stop and playback was fine again. I changed the names to DS1618, error started again.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix? I did export the logs zip file, but I'm unsure what specifically would be needed from it. Thanks in advance!

Rob
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)



Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Automatic Recording Cleanup weavol 3 994 2026-08-21, 03:16 PM
Last Post: artmetz
  playback hiccups Allan 15 2,005 2026-03-18, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Allan
  Could you explain a little more about the /buffer directory? wmarler 2 647 2026-01-01, 12:48 AM
Last Post: wmarler
  Odd recording ceejayemm 3 880 2025-11-30, 09:06 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  Playback skipping jpcoh1 3 915 2025-11-09, 02:48 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  Recording Auto Transcode VCR58 10 5,015 2025-11-07, 04:16 AM
Last Post: mvallevand
  No recording after Windows 11 Update Remleym 34 6,247 2025-10-19, 04:44 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  Daily Recording type Fails to Record Fillimerica 13 2,230 2025-10-15, 03:22 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  Recording interrupted The1nOnlyHMatt 5 1,674 2025-10-10, 05:39 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  EPG not updating after changing tuners N88yanks 8 1,873 2025-09-22, 06:12 PM
Last Post: N88yanks

  • View a Printable Version
  • Subscribe to this thread
Forum Jump:

© Designed by D&D, modified by NextPVR - Powered by MyBB

Linear Mode
Threaded Mode