NextPVR Forums
  • ______
  • Home
  • New Posts
  • Wiki
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
  • Register
  • Login
  • Home
  • Wiki
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
NextPVR Forums Public NextPVR Support v
« Previous 1 … 23 24 25 26 27 … 46 Next »
Having trouble adding IP TV channel

 
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having trouble adding IP TV channel
peterdegroot
Offline

Junior Member

Australia
Posts: 9
Threads: 5
Joined: Apr 2021
#1
2021-07-15, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 2021-07-15, 07:35 AM by peterdegroot.)
Sorry ...a real newb query.

Am trying to add IPTV via this url  https://i.mjh.nz/au/Perth/raw-tv.m3u8.

In the browser.. it downloads a file.. raw-tv.m3u8   which I can open in VLC which gives me the free to air tv channels.

I would have thought I could have put that link in open network stream in VLC ?   

Anyway.. when I put the URL in NEXTPVR .... it does not find any channels...

I get the feeling I am missing something obvious..
peterdegroot
Offline

Junior Member

Australia
Posts: 9
Threads: 5
Joined: Apr 2021
#2
2021-07-15, 07:43 AM (This post was last modified: 2021-07-15, 07:44 AM by peterdegroot.)
Forgot to mention .. all comes from https://www.matthuisman.nz/2017/07/austr...files.html
mvallevand
Online

Posting Freak

Ontario Canada
Posts: 56,790
Threads: 998
Joined: May 2006
#3
2021-07-15, 01:00 PM
At least one of those works ABC News is working from here, so in general NextPVR is working. You'd need to uploads logs to see what is happening at your end.

Martin
peterdegroot
Offline

Junior Member

Australia
Posts: 9
Threads: 5
Joined: Apr 2021
#4
2021-07-16, 07:34 AM
Duh... amazing what a reboot will do.  I also updated to the latest version..

It worked..

Mmmm... some of the channels that will play in VLC will not play in NEXTPVR.    Sky 1 for instance..
Comes up with a transcoding error.  I notice playing in VLC .. I get a low res picture for a few seconds, and then it
pauses and comes up with high res one.. Wonder if that is a reason.

Still this is only for the free to air channels I  can get on DVB.... time to look for some obscure ones :-)

Log files attached.

Tx for the help chaps.


Attached Files
.zip   logs-20210716-1529.zip (Size: 995.67 KB / Downloads: 0)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)



Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Channel 9 (Brisbane, Australia) issue SpinyNorman 9 737 2026-08-20, 02:31 AM
Last Post: mvallevand
  Schedule nightly channel update wapkaplet 1 852 2026-02-07, 05:53 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  tvg-chno - m3u channel numbers seem to be ignored when "Import using XC" brcarls 18 4,485 2026-01-14, 11:48 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  Channel setup woes deankelly780 4 1,619 2025-06-04, 01:55 PM
Last Post: deankelly780
Photo EPG Channel sort order spagio 3 1,698 2025-03-02, 05:28 PM
Last Post: sub
  Channel Editor -- Feature Request? BigKahuna 1 1,372 2025-02-19, 06:50 PM
Last Post: sub
Question extras.xml | channel management D3iver 3 1,802 2025-01-12, 09:05 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  IPTV - Change source IP address, without needing to reimport channel. Paul92 1 1,532 2024-11-09, 03:23 AM
Last Post: mvallevand
  Adding new channel, using xmltv bigstusexy 3 1,656 2024-10-26, 12:35 AM
Last Post: bigstusexy
  How to add a new channel without having them all chosen when updating a device? Luisy44 3 1,990 2024-10-18, 02:31 PM
Last Post: mvallevand

  • View a Printable Version
  • Subscribe to this thread
Forum Jump:

© Designed by D&D, modified by NextPVR - Powered by MyBB

Linear Mode
Threaded Mode