NextPVR Forums
  • ______
  • Home
  • New Posts
  • Wiki
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
  • Register
  • Login
  • Home
  • Wiki
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
NextPVR Forums Public Add-ons (3rd party plugins, utilities and skins) v
1 2 3 4 5 … 20 Next »
NextEnd v5 trial release

 
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NextEnd v5 trial release
BrettB
Offline

Posting Freak

Saint Paul, MN, USA
Posts: 2,808
Threads: 173
Joined: Jun 2007
#301
2022-08-29, 03:38 PM
Hey, Martin.

I discovered this morning that NextEnd hasn't been working on my production system since back in March. Huh

Guessing that it was an old version, I tried to follow the instructions for effectively doing a new install. But it doesn't seem to be working. Here's what I did:

  1. Emptied the C:\Users\Public\NPVR-Data\plugins\NextEnd folder
  2. Downloaded https://github.com/sub3/NextPVR/wiki/uti...dV5~rc.zip (link from the NextEnd wiki)
  3. Extracted to the C:\Program Files\NextPVR\ folder (Option B from the install instructions post since I think I read your preferred method for installing your tools on Windows now is to put them in the NextPVR program folder. Also overwrote the files already in that folder.)
  4. Deleted the NextEnd*.json files from that folder

I then did a test to make sure that the .exe would run OK: "C:\Program Files\NextPVR\NextEnd.exe" --monday, but I get the error:
Code:
C:\Program Files\NextPVR>"C:\Program Files\NextPVR\NextEnd.exe" --monday Unhandled exception. System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void NShared.PlaybackPositionHelper.StorePlaybackPosition(System.String, Int32, Int32)'. at NextEnd.Program.Main(String[] args)

Also, a while back, you had suggested on Windows changing to using the task scheduler to run the actual .exe. So that's how my system is setup currently. I don't recall exactly why we made that change back then. Now, would you recommend that users do the "Start /b" method again? I feel like if I had been doing that, I would have noticed the errors in my regular NextPVR log files...
mvallevand
Offline

Posting Freak

Ontario Canada
Posts: 56,811
Threads: 998
Joined: May 2006
#302
2022-08-29, 03:48 PM
Are you running the latest version from the wiki? https://github.com/sub3/NextPVR/wiki/NextEnd That sounds like 5.2.7 issue was addressed. The logs identify the version you are running . Note that an update will be required for v6 NextPVR too.

Now that NFL is starting up it probably is a good time to tweak it. start /b should work just as well.

Martin
BrettB
Offline

Posting Freak

Saint Paul, MN, USA
Posts: 2,808
Threads: 173
Joined: Jun 2007
#303
2022-08-29, 03:54 PM
(2022-08-29, 03:48 PM)mvallevand Wrote: Are you running the latest version from the wiki?  https://github.com/sub3/NextPVR/wiki/NextEnd  That sounds like 5.2.7 issue was addressed.  The logs identify the version you are running . Note that an update will be required for v6 NextPVR too.

Now that NFL is starting up it probably is a good time to tweak it.  start /b should work just as well.

Martin

I just downloaded it from the wiki, but similar to
(2022-04-13, 03:14 AM)VCR58 Wrote: The date created is 4/7/2022 for the .dll and 4/12/2022 for the .exe

edit: Actually, when I downloaded and extracted the files it was 1/13/2020 for the dated created.
the downloaded files have dates from January 2020!

Is it possible that you updated the link on your test wiki, but not on sub's official wiki?

FYI: I just tried another download, and got the same file.
mvallevand
Offline

Posting Freak

Ontario Canada
Posts: 56,811
Threads: 998
Joined: May 2006
#304
2022-08-29, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 2022-08-29, 03:59 PM by mvallevand.)
Both the exe and dll show April 7th. here. Are you clicking Download Current Version?

Martin
BrettB
Offline

Posting Freak

Saint Paul, MN, USA
Posts: 2,808
Threads: 173
Joined: Jun 2007
#305
2022-08-29, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 2022-08-29, 04:03 PM by BrettB.)
(2022-08-29, 03:59 PM)mvallevand Wrote: Both the exe and dll show April 7th. here.  Are you clicking Download Current Version?

Martin

No. I'm clicking the NextEndV5 Release Candidate link.

Edit: I've even tried from a couple of different machines...
mvallevand
Offline

Posting Freak

Ontario Canada
Posts: 56,811
Threads: 998
Joined: May 2006
#306
2022-08-29, 04:04 PM
Then you are clicking the wrong link.

Martin
BrettB
Offline

Posting Freak

Saint Paul, MN, USA
Posts: 2,808
Threads: 173
Joined: Jun 2007
#307
2022-08-29, 04:11 PM
(2022-08-29, 04:04 PM)mvallevand Wrote: Then you are clicking the wrong link. 

Oh, I see now. Even though I'm running NextPVR V5, I'm not supposed to use the NextEnd link for V5, but rather the link for "Current Version". That was not at all clear to me, sorry.

Using the "Current Version" link, it's working now.
mvallevand
Offline

Posting Freak

Ontario Canada
Posts: 56,811
Threads: 998
Joined: May 2006
#308
2022-08-29, 04:20 PM
The current version is for v5 since this is the v5 (and up) wiki. You must be thinking of the v4 pmwiki. I updated it from the RC 5.2.7 and will do the same for 6.0.0 I will change the release candidate name at the same time for those that run historical version.

Martin
antenna
Offline

Member

Posts: 61
Threads: 8
Joined: Oct 2017
#309
2022-09-07, 03:51 PM
(2022-06-16, 12:18 AM)mvallevand Wrote: You might as well for the NextPVR v6 Docker image since it should be easier to install permanently. 

I just ran this update in docker this morning. Are there any recommendations on how to try to set this up after the update? I'm going to try to give it a go this week.
mvallevand
Offline

Posting Freak

Ontario Canada
Posts: 56,811
Threads: 998
Joined: May 2006
#310
2022-09-07, 07:13 PM
I did post the update to the wiki just haven't got around to writing the announcement post. Can you bash into you Docker or not?

The script will be something like

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/app/runtimes/your_flavour dotnet /installdir/NextEnd.dll parameters

And you will need to edit the two json file, to point to /app

I haven't upgraded my docker yet it is versions back but the uptime for my Docker instance is 188 days.

Martin
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Pages (46): « Previous 1 … 29 30 31 32 33 … 46 Next »
Jump to page 


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upcoming NextEnd addon and remote server changes mvallevand 1 557 2026-09-04, 01:00 AM
Last Post: mvallevand
  NextEnd Docker Install Mark-McG 61 24,928 2023-08-30, 09:15 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  Comskip + NextEnd VCR58 12 6,696 2023-06-30, 02:26 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  NextEnd Extension Mechanism jcole998 7 4,828 2020-05-24, 03:39 PM
Last Post: jcole998
  NextEnd V4 jcole998 1 2,834 2020-05-18, 01:35 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  NextEnd: "Sports event monitor did not start" antenna 37 19,696 2019-10-27, 12:22 AM
Last Post: mvallevand
  NextEnd Interruption jcole998 2 3,006 2019-09-02, 05:54 PM
Last Post: jcole998
  NextEnd Readiness jcole998 24 12,973 2019-06-01, 01:33 PM
Last Post: jcole998
  Nextend help CDinger 5 5,720 2018-11-05, 03:59 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  NextEnd not extending sports event antenna 26 16,625 2018-10-11, 04:25 PM
Last Post: mvallevand

  • View a Printable Version
  • Subscribe to this thread
Forum Jump:

© Designed by D&D, modified by NextPVR - Powered by MyBB

Linear Mode
Threaded Mode