NextPVR Forums

Full Version: New dongle for GBPVR and NPVR 2010-12-24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I have updated the release version of mvpmc to support both GBPVR and NPVR

http://www.mvpmc.org/~mvallevand/dongle4npvr.7z

In addition to supporting mpeg-ts files for NPVR, this version should support http streaming (ie. Universe UPnP)

Martin
Hi Martin, I installed this new dongle on one of my MVP's yesterday, running GBPVR as the server. When I press the blue button on the remote, the boxes for the display are not in the right place. The upper box with timing info is lower than normal so I only see a black line. The lower box (show description) has the top line cutoff. Is there a switch I need to set for the new dongle to be in GBPVR mode?

Thanks!
Thanks HarryH3, I forgot to change the default. I have updated the file, could you try again at your convenience.

Martin
Martin, when loading from NPVR, can I still use a mvpmc.npvr.bin.config file for my startup options and/or is there an NPVR config option equivalent to GBPVRs
Code:
<MvpmcStartupConfig>mvpmc --startup emulate --emulate ? -a 16:9 &amp;</MvpmcStartupConfig>
Alex
Hi Alex.

Nothing much has changed on the mvpmc load, it still reads the dongle.bin.config file from the mvpmc share. I have no idea if sub implemented the config.xml option, it is not something I use.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Hi Alex.

Nothing much has changed on the mvpmc load, it still reads the dongle.bin.config file from the mvpmc share. I have no idea if sub implemented the config.xml option, it is not something I use.

Martin
Thanks for that Martin, it looks like I've never actually had a working mvpmc share and the load has always been served by gbpvr. I'll try loading from a gbpvr server - shares are a pita on my network domain.

Alex
You might have. The IP for the mvpmc share is stored in the MVP's flash and people are starting to upgrade machines and IP's, etc Note I am actually counting on power MVP users like you to support the MVP on questions like this, because I am stopping soon. I plan on discuss MVP issues specific to my plugins and not use with NPVR or GBPVR. With the status quo I feel I will end up supporting GBPVR forever.

I will even be looking for a moderator for the mvpmc forum if anyone is interested.

Martin
I have updated dongle4npvr with an alternate method of determining the file offset in NPVR.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:You might have. The IP for the mvpmc share is stored in the MVP's flash...

Martin
Is there an easy way fo find out?

Alex
As part of start up script, I extract the info from flash. You can see it in telnet

cat /etc/tftp.config

Martin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7