NextPVR Forums
  • ______
  • Home
  • New Posts
  • Wiki
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
  • Register
  • Login
  • Home
  • Wiki
  • Members
  • Help
  • Search
NextPVR Forums Public NextPVR Support Windows v
1 2 3 4 5 … 112 Next »
USB over Ethernet (Technical Question)

 
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB over Ethernet (Technical Question)
JohnySmith1010
Offline

Junior Member

US
Posts: 30
Threads: 5
Joined: Jan 2024
#1
59 minutes ago
Hello,

I do not know where this question belongs so please move if you feel so.  I have an awesome setup here where I am with my HDhomeruns for now however long ATSC 1.0 will work.  I do have a remote place, with an antenna up there also whence I frequent.  Straight into TV.

I have some decent old hardware laying around with a Hauupage USB Dual OTA tuner, PLUS I have a TAP VPN Server here locally that I use.  So I was wondering... will something like this work?

https://www.eltima.com/products/usb-over-ethernet/

Thought process would be install proper drivers on the computer and make sure it works, then have the computer connect to TAP VPN Server here with a static IP.  Would my local NextPVR solution pick it up?  I cannot easily test this, as remote location is 1000 miles away.  

Wanted the brain trusts' input.

Thank you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)



Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advanced Recording Scheduling question Bobins 6 695 2026-07-17, 04:14 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  question about the info relating to scanning frequencies Stavros 8 1,732 2025-11-22, 02:37 PM
Last Post: bgowland
  FFMPEG mapping question beber2410 2 929 2025-11-09, 06:43 AM
Last Post: beber2410
  m3u music playlist question Bobins 17 3,776 2025-06-20, 08:39 PM
Last Post: sub
  Advanced Recording Scheduling question Bobins 7 1,719 2025-06-17, 12:56 AM
Last Post: mvallevand
  Question about Multiple Clients viewing Same Channel JohnySmith1010 15 4,552 2025-04-07, 12:28 PM
Last Post: mvallevand
  Transcoder question eastavin 4 1,905 2025-01-29, 05:33 PM
Last Post: sub
  newbie question... wonder41269 6 1,848 2025-01-02, 08:09 PM
Last Post: wonder41269
  Recurring recordings title match question Bobins 4 1,541 2024-11-16, 12:46 AM
Last Post: sub
  yet another uiclient config question Brucek2839 2 1,526 2023-09-30, 10:15 PM
Last Post: Brucek2839

  • View a Printable Version
  • Subscribe to this thread
Forum Jump:

© Designed by D&D, modified by NextPVR - Powered by MyBB

Linear Mode
Threaded Mode