NextPVR Forums

Full Version: [NZ][DVB-S][2012] Blu-Ray BD-E5900
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
can you turn off the osd al together when playback starts ( for testing )
yeah just wanted to make sure the player wasnt under powered or anything.

im the same, plex is great for streaming stuff, or your media collection but rubbish at recordings and i want to be able to schedule recordings and watch live tv on tvs without a tv aerial connection.
stustunz Wrote:can you turn off the osd al together when playback starts ( for testing )

the OSD is basically just HTML elements, so when its off they're still there, just hidden, so dont think it will change anything tbh.

im not having to do anything complicated like Directx rubbish to get the player stuff to work, the player is just a html element and i set the z-index of it to be over or under the menu/osd, or hide the osd/menu with css.

the app is effectively a webpage.
ordered a BD-E5900 from smiths city thanks to a donation from smacrae Smile

hopefully ill get it in a couple of days (there no smith citys in auckland), and be able to reproduce the problem you're having.
Good news
after reading your other post for someone else
delete old app and turn off and then reinstall and restart
osd hides and stop works and the numbers grow on the time line Smile
so the remote works now during playback?
Sure does left and right arrows do skipping
bit sluggish compared to plex (not that I want to compare but its sort of the benchmark)
choice. in what sense do you mean sluggish? playback? or the menus in general?
yeah just seems to take a second to respond
scrolling through programs
still very usable
in play back the first skip is instant then second skip doesn't happen for 10 seconds
I think plex does some thing where it waits till you have stopped pressing skip till it skips (sort of adds them up then does one big skip)

from memory I think I changed the buffering or something in plex that made it way more responsive
ill focus on the menu speeds atm, worry about skips next.

personally i like mediaportal skips where you push it once its +30, twice its 1min, 3 times 2mins, 4times 5mins, 5 times 10mins, etc, so its staged. Then after 2seconds or so without any further pushes it does the skip.

I also want to take the live mini guide from mediaportal.

however these changes would make nextpvr for samsung (NPS from now on, sick of writing that Smile) different to the actual nextpvr client. so I wont make this change lightly, will ask for community input probably. the goal is the same, but i do feel they would be improvements... its a tough one.

i should get the same player in a few days, so that will help me test menu speeds, its fast on my 2013 model.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13