NextPVR Forums

Full Version: [NZ][DVB-S][2012] Blu-Ray BD-E5900
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
its really annoying because I want the screensaver to kick in, but not happening on mine. I love developing for something that has really bad documentation....
Live tv works
My live tv buffer folder had been deleted (don't know when don't really use live tv )once I set this to a actual folder it all works
received the BD-E5900 today, so I'll start testing against it and see if i can improve load times (also improve remote buttons for bluray players, since they dont have tv specific buttons).
Sweet the 5900 works better than the 6500 apart from the load time
I do hope the F6500 (generally F series) is better than the E Series in the end, considering F series is current model and so on moving forward...in saying that it's all working for me with the exception of skipping forward/back which is actually quite a big issue (especially as ComSkip isn't working as yet)....it's early days and what Reven has achieved in such a short time is fantastic...
I'm very confident the 2013 models will perform better than the 2012 models (my primary devices are 2013 models, so I'll be focusing on those more). I haven't looked at the skipping stuff yet, as I'm working on a few other areas
- refactored the listview in recordings to be reusable
- started adding a search screen (need api calls to support this though)
- added a dummy "videos" screen (not sure if this will be included, sub would have to stream the video files via http which may not be easy for different codecs etc).
- adding channel change from live tv (have it working where channel up/down changes, but need to mimic nextpvr where you need to pause pushing up/down beforing changing (so you can change from channel 1 to 10 in one step instead of changing to every channel in between)

i keep wanting to add in more features like
- mini popup guide in live tv with whats on and whats next, with left/right changing channel groups (exactly the same as mediaportal)
- info on main menu (whats recording, whats coming up to record, whats recently been recorded, disk space free etc)
- incremental skips, 1 push = 15 seconds, 2 = 30secs, 3 = 1min, 4 = 2mins, 5 = 5mins etc (same as mediaportal)

but have to keep telling myself "this is different to nextpvr, and i'm trying to mimic it" Smile
moved all the other posts out of this thread (went off topic Smile)
I don't mind if you bring in 'make sense' features from MediaPortal/MCE etc....the skipping incremental is an excellent idea...also info on the main screen is great....(personally I like horizontal menus but if information is rendered on the left of the vertical menu then I would be sold on vertical Smile
not sure about the skipping thing from media portal
as our ad breaks are roughly 4 minutes so it doesn't work out
in mediaportal its configurable, I'd probably make it more like

+30, +1min, +2min, +3min, +4min, +5min, +10min, +15min, +20min, +30min, +45min, +60min (then 15min steps)
-15, -30,-1,-1:30, -2, -3,-4,-5,-10,-15,-20,-30,-45,-60 (then 15min steps)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13