NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Development ramblings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
lol, I pushed an update just before installing windows 8.1 on my laptop (want to use miracast in 8.1), but then my laptop wouldn't boot, and spent a few hours trying to fix it.

finally fixed it this morning but the restore screwed my laptop, and now the samsung dev environment doesnt work, and a bunch of source code was deleted; i pushed it into an online repo before installing 8.1 so i won't lose anything, just time while i fix it.
wow, nice work Microsoft!
johnsonx42 Wrote:wow, nice work Microsoft!

They did warn everyone.

Quote:Are there risks to installing Windows 8.1 Preview?

Yes. Windows 8.1 Preview and Windows RT 8.1 Preview are stable and have been thoroughly tested, but aren't the finished product. Your PC could crash and you could lose important files. You should back up your data and you shouldn't test the preview on your primary home or business PC.... You should carefully balance the risks and rewards of trying out the preview before you install it.

Marin
oh I knew it was a preview, and thats why I did check in my code before upgrading.

Wasn't a huge deal, lost a few hours of dev time and one late® night.

Would be nice if I got it to work just for miracast though.... seeing how chromecast are out of stock
just an update so people this project is still alive and well Smile

working on adding recording functionality (using new APIs from sub, the reason I haven't published any updates is you need a unreleased version of nextpvr), so far have done
- quick record
- recurring
- cancel recording
- cancel recurring
- guide data now loaded in 1 web request instead of 7 (use to be 1 per channel)
- mini guide is now loaded in 1 web request and always returns the desired 2 listings (instead of grabbing all epg for 12 hours, which if you had 100+ channels became a very slow request, should be fairly quick now)
- added start/stop time to mini guide
- tv guide now has light red/dark red indicator to show "recording" and "selected recording" (use to just use the normal "green" colour for the selected item regardless if it was recording or not)
- recording screens now show any failure messages, recurring screen is now done (lets you cancel any recurring recordings as well, need to do updating still)
- some misc other ones

the guide is a lot faster now, since its accurately pulling the epg data in 1 call, and also now shows listings for expired shows (just a couple hours back, the api returns nothing if its older than that), where previously if the show ended 1 minute ago it wouldnt return it and show "(no show details)".
Gosh, that's all brilliant....I just wish skipping worked for me so I could use it :-(
smacrae Wrote:Gosh, that's all brilliant....I just wish skipping worked for me so I could use it :-(

have you tried the work around yet of reencoding/remuxing the files?
Re-encoding is no good for me as I watch things time-shifted. What I mean by time-shifted is: I start watching an in progress recording about 20minutes after it started and happily skip commercials manually, by the time I catch up to live the program I am watching is finished....

It's the reason I'm not interested in re-encoding sorry...
well thats all that I can suggest, nothing is going to happen in nextpvr or from samsung to fix this anytime soon, so no point to keep talking about it.
ok
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10