NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Development ramblings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Ok bugger I was just hoping it might be the 6500 that was bad at playing the recordings with errors
Was thinking if buying Samsung tv for out side area
my 2012 BD-E5900 does skip a lot better with the two sample files I got, instead of skipping 2mins then 15mins it skips about 90 seconds each time instead of the requested 60seconds.

Duration for both files are wrong though.

Also is much slower at skipping those samples than my error free recordings. Skipping the samples takes about 5 seconds each time, a valid recording is about 1 second or less.

fred250 is doing some interesting work and may have a work around to the issue (heres hoping anyway).

And yeah, if samsung never give me partner access (not sure why they wouldnt...) I'll keep releasing the app this way, I have no intention of stop developing it, I'm using it daily.

DR03K I sent you the alpha instructions.
reven Wrote:DR03K I sent you the alpha instructions.

Thank you mate, unfortunately the server address appears to be down? ERROR_DEVELOPMENT_002
fixed now, my server restart for updates and for some reason the webserver VM didn't auto boot. thanks for letting me know.
got a phone call from Samsung today (which I found odd), asking what I wanted "Partner" access for, I told them about the app and they seemed reluctant to give me partner access but agreed to in the end. Sounds like anything with "PVR" or something that may compete (which this doesnt really) with their stuff they want to vet out.

So hopefully someone from samsung can look at the ts files now.
Stick with it mate, they'll buckle eventually.

Samsung are so frustrating, they are really bad at mis-interpreting the user needs.
For instance, Plex blows allshare out of the water, but instead of offering assistance they tried to block plex client on 2012+ models, purely from a competition point of view.

Also why can't samsung add twin tuners to their TV sets? surely this would provide the perfect all-in-one solution... however they realise this would add competition to their PVR boxes... annoying.
So yeah, I think you've hit the nail on the head with this one... competition.

I've been searching for a client/server setup for a long time.
So from a personal stance, this addon is a perfect solution!

Can't wait to ditch the multiple roku boxes (for plex) and the networked humax PVR boxes (OTA TV).

Plan: Smart TV in every room, running plex & nextpvr channels, gigabit homeplug networked - served up from a server tucked away under staircase.
Perfect and very minimalistic.

On another note, alpha build installed. However after inserting IP/port I appear to be stuck in a perpetual loop trying to fetch information from the nextpvr api.
Thinking it might be a firewall issue on the server?
DR03K Wrote:Plan: Smart TV in every room, running plex & nextpvr channels, gigabit homeplug networked - served up from a server tucked away under staircase.
Perfect and very minimalistic.
this is basically my setup, just server in garage instead of under the stairs. my tvs are wall mounted with in wall/ceiling speakers in lounge + master, so wanted a very minimalist solution with the only other thing really a receiver (hidden in master walk-in).

DR03K Wrote:On another note, alpha build installed. However after inserting IP/port I appear to be stuck in a perpetual loop trying to fetch information from the nextpvr api.
Thinking it might be a firewall issue on the server?
could be a firewall issue, try accessing the same urls as the samsung client on a separate machine (if you open the debug window, "TTX/MIX" button on a tv remote or "Disc Menu" on br remote), you should see all the URLs its requesting.
DR03K Wrote:Also why can't samsung add twin tuners to their TV sets? surely this would provide the perfect all-in-one solution... however they realise this would add competition to their PVR boxes... annoying.
So yeah, I think you've hit the nail on the head with this one... competition.

There might also be concerns about comskip which would be a legitimate worry for Samsung if they endorse it.

Martin
that could be an issue... it wasn't that long ago that companies like ReplayTV and TiVo were sued and/or were forced to modify functionality just for the crime of allowing skipping. ReplayTV was nearly sued out of existence, and TiVo had to disable their 30-second skip button (thankfully easily re-enabled). I'm really not sure how Dish gets away with it.
reven Wrote:could be a firewall issue, try accessing the same urls as the samsung client on a separate machine (if you open the debug window, "TTX/MIX" button on a tv remote or "Disc Menu" on br remote), you should see all the URLs its requesting.

Sorted, it was a firewall issue.
Was all excited when it started pulling in channel information, but then unfortunately it hung during the load and forced TV to restart..

Probably the wrong place for posting here, should I start a new thread for this?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10