NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Development ramblings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
picked up the laptop today and started some programming, nothing to exciting, but more work getting it working in the browser (for easier development + more platform support (google tv Smile). hopefully get some more work done in next few days.
got some more done, having the browser version running and the samsung one still run pretty much as it was previously (couple little issues i have to fix, caused by separating code out and making it load/run depending on the client detected).

added ability to turn off animations (theyre going to be disabled by default for a while since, well they dont work all that great ATM, not sure if its the css or if its the angular animate plugin im using, need to investigate this). and they will be disabled by default (even if i change them to enabled by default) for all 2012 devices, the single core players just wont cope that well, on a 2013 theyre very smooth ATM (just make the menu kinda broken after the animations have run - which makes me think its angular... )

im wanting to push out another version, but nothing will of really changed by looking at it, i just have to fix a couple more things first (namely the volume + mute buttons arent being unregistered so you cant change the volume or mute using the tv remote anymore, this is just a funny timing thing that I had to fix originally, just have to refix it with the mentioned changes). then ill push it and hopefully get reports of any more bugs i may have introduced.

then ill start working on adding a few features and finishing off the recordings stuff that i keep putting off Smile
got the samsung specific issues fixed, so should be releasing a new version in the next 24 hours, like i said though, nothing to amazingly different (visually) but just need more people testing it to see if i introduced any bugs.

ill include the subtitle + season/ep change to the recordings list however.
Is the time showing right now?
just spent about an hour on the time issue, couldnt reproduce it on my tv (brp is currently unavailable (its being used Smile). ive added more logging and now it recalculates all the times when you toggle it on/off. before use to get server time and now when app was started/connected to npvr, now it reconnects to npvr server when its turned on and shows the current server time/browser time.

i tried adjusted the clock on my tv manually and setting that to like 43 mins in the past, but the browser doesnt use that time and must use the network time, so even though my tv said it was 43 mins in the past, the browser said it was only a few seconds out from the nextpvr server and showed the correct time. the time differences you posted previously said it was only 6 seconds different.

it now prints current time when turned on, plus the full time of the browser. can you try again when i upload the latest version and give me all those details. ill try again later with my BRP when i get a chance.

ive also added subtitle support to recordings view (wasnt able to test season/ep but i guessed what the json response calls them so hoping my guesses were right, subtitles i confirm work).
Subtitles working a treat for me now. Thanks a lot.
so they have season and episode number in them? can you please post a screenshot of it so i can see ?
I am feeling a bit embarrassed now ;( My old EPG source, XMLTVGUI which got data from the UK Radio Times source has a post processor that could extract season/episode data and insert it into the subtitle field. My current provider gives series/episode in a format that doesn't seem to get imported into npvr.

My apologies for leading you astray Reven.
martint123 Wrote:My current provider gives series/episode in a format that doesn't seem to get imported into npvr.

Reven, the season/episode fields in North American EPGs are usually rubbish and not worth displaying. You have to also consider that movies sports, news etc won't have them so it isprobably not worth displaying them.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:so it isprobably not worth displaying them.

Indeed, I'm playing with trying to cobble something to copy them into the subtitle field if they are present.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10