NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Development ramblings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Figured I'd start a thread with some status updates/progress/ramblings of what I'm working on, just to get feedback, let people know what I'm up to, to vent Smile

2012 Blu-Ray player, screen saver kicks in, ive got no code to turn this on/off, its just automatic
2013 TV, screen saver never kicks in, hmmmm. why the heck not?

AngularJS debugging the error messages can be a PITA since its compiling everything then saying error on line 0 with no actual indication as what is wrong... really annoying. Cant test in real browser to see, as samsung emulator (which crashes and really hard to debug with) loads a bunch of samsung specific stuff to make it work. This is my biggest problem with this development.

Started adding mini guide like in mediaportal

Made a wrapper class for remote, which has methods for ChannelUp/Down etc and returns true if pushed depending on keycode and player type, so "Blue" returns true for channel up if from bluray player, but false for tv. Modelling tv/bluray buttons off the 2013 remote and 2012 remote I have (trying to get the same button positions to do the same thing, eg "Repeat" on the bluray player ive made "Guide" since the buttons are in the same place).

2012 is way slower than 2013. really really really slower. means I need to do some work here.

playing around getting generic video playback working as well (to possibly support "Videos")
Thanks for the update, oh and on a 2013 Blu-ray player the screen saver kicks in....
screen saver is annoying me Smile went through all my tv menus and nothing sticks out as to why the screensaver wont come on. ill put that on the back burner for a while, not super urgent.
Unfortunately until the screen saver issue is fixed I need to press a button on the remote each 5mins...but I agree forward/back skipping is more important...
mini guide is pretty much done. About to add support for channel groups to both the mini guide and the full guide.

to turn debug window on/off press "TTX/MIX" on the tv remote or "DISC MENU" on a BR remote
yip mini guide works great
yeah I went random button clicking and found debug menu
at some point ill put up instructions for the buttons, not sure where yet, inside the app, on the wiki, on a webpage.

documentation is low priority atm Smile
Is your server off line?
sorry I had a local ip address in the update file, its fixed now Smile
Cool....thanks for getting back so quickly...I thought you might still be asleep...then I remember NZ is a few hours ahead of Melbourne....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10